Sunday, December 01, 2013

All you need is love...

When Katy and I were married, this was the song playing during our first dance together...

It is true, isn't it?  Love is all you need.

And also, sometimes, it's no where near enough.

There will be more to write and share because this blog is really for our sons, and when they grow up, they deserve to know a bit more about the "say what now?" that we have set in motion.  But tonight, it seems important to come clean on the Gin Soaked Olive...

Most of the last year has been a slow, heartbreaking dance of negotiation and decision (Katy's and my relationship hanging in the balance).  As marriage equality, literally swept the country; as DOMA was overturned; as state after state leveled the legal playing field, it became more and more clear that our marriage was coming to an end.  This Thanksgiving weekend brought to fruition the culmination of hundreds of hours of discussion and debate, and a physical split that has followed an emotional separation, a transfer of finances and home ownership, a filing for divorce.

In case I'm being too vague.  We regret to inform our readers that, Katy and I have split up.  Though we will always be a family, she has moved out of our home into a house she has purchased nearby, and we will share custody of Jake and Milo.

It is sad and difficult to explain. We have been and will continue to be as amicable as possible.  We will always prioritize the health and happiness of our sons.

And I will attempt to stop writing on these pages using so much "we" and shift to the more appropriate, first person singular voice.

10 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Heartbreaking...still in disbelief, perhaps denial...oh and one more thing....love encompasses many other thoughts, words and actions...:)JP

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you love from across the internet.

Pfeif said...

I am sad and mourn the end of your marriage with you. All I know in my heart of hearts is that you will love again and will be the most important person in someone's life. I know that you are too special and loving and awesome to be without a true love for long. It will take time, but your heart will heal and soar again. I know this to be true. Love you always...

Jax said...

I still don't want to believe it :(

Anonymous said...

I love you both and shall make room in my "God Jar" for all of you, including the boys. I am so sad. I am told I give the best "Boobie" Hugs and I am available whenever the need or want arises. Love, Geri Rosenberg

Tracy said...

Thank you all for the love and support. I really appreciate it.
xoxo

Unknown said...

In disbelieve but my love goes out to all four of you...

Kim said...

Coming to terms with my own new reality I know the heartbreak and tears you shed only in the shower or car behind sunglasses -it will be better but not soon and not without more bad days -but you my dear are an amazing and worthy person and with come out on the other side okay. Hang onto to your family and friends and let them be your strength for a while -it is okay to let the boys know it's hard and that you love them so much and they will always be safe -and it is always okay to reach out -we all love you so much -you have touched so many with joy. Love you!

Bonnie said...

Many people said it better than I can but I want you to know how wonderful you are and believe that your family continues in a new form by with the all love, courage, strength, and wisdom you have always had.. just different.... And your boys will "get it" and be stronger for it.. just give it time. We love you

C-LO said...

Sending so much love to you and your family. Please let us know if we can do anything at all.