Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Beetle-mania

This is what happens when your roses get invaded by beetles... I don't have a photo of kt gleefully killing them off with some kind of potent pesticide (an organic rose garden is an adorable notion until the pests come dive-bombing in... then it just seems kind of "preachy.")

That sound you hear screeching in the silence before you fall asleep at night is the sound of my innocent-seeming yet inexplicably-vengeful wife cackling as the dead bugs fall to the earth.

By the way, many mornings in the summers of my college days, I woke up in my parents' house and there were at least this many ladybugs crawling on my pillow near my face. "What's all the drama about a few ladybugs?" they teased. But there were hundreds of them- the infestation was extremely horrific. Squirrels are just rats with fuzzy tails, and ladybugs are just nasty beetles the color of blood.

No comments: