Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This guy wants to be your next president...

Even though it sounds as if there are only about 13 people in the crowd, this guy has a lot of nerve...



Got that? OUR marriage (Katy's and mine) "Turns religious liberty on it's head... turns the education system on it's head... and undermines every basic traditional value... for no legitimate purpose".

[Um, excuse me, sir (tap-tap on the shoulder)... the psycho-social and economic safety of our family and especially our children is a legitimate purpose.]

In allowing us to marry, apparently our state passed a law that is "in-amicable to a just and fair society" and to the "basic values" that are "necessary to the survival of the United States."

[Exaggerate much, Dick?!? Excuse me, Rick?!?]

"What NY did was wrong, I will oppose it. I will go to NY and if necessary help overturn it."

[Good luck with that, buddy and good luck with your political career, Mr. Santorum]

1 comment:

Louis Kim said...

I still don't get why bible thumpers get so irate over this shit, and start talking sanctity of marriage, and family values bullshit, my experience has been that most Gay & Lesbian couples who decide to have a family make awesome parents because they actually make a conscious choice to become parents.
Every devout religious person I know has a fucked up family dynamic, I grew up with the son of the founder of a very conservative media watch group whose family was about as screwed up as you get, if I could only tell you the stories… it’s the kind of thing that you assume about people who hold extreme views, (like maybe I should work on my own home before I try and change other people). Also, I was lucky to be allowed in the house when they weren't home I think they thought the China boy would steal some shit, although made about two times what they did...
This topic really pisses me off because first it's 2011 and last time I checked we were supposed to be in a free society, and second with all the unwanted children in this country let alone the world I find it reprehensible that people would rather have these children grow up in institutional care rather than a loving home because someone’s life doesn't fit their box of "moral values" based on a series of books written by people who were pissed off about life, and probably hallucinating from the heat. I do recall reading parts of the bible as a child about Christian love, and acceptance.
I am by no means a crusader, but when I see politicians basically turning something that shouldn't be an issue, into an emotional hot button to get the lemurs to dance the ultraconservative jig. I think it angers me because I just don’t get the other side of the argument, and I see no rational reason
End unhappy Asian rant here...
Santorum’s Voting Record in terms of Civil Rights:
• Voted YES on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
• Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
• Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
• Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
• Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
• Voted NO on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women. (Mar 1998)
• Voted NO on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business. (Oct 1997)
• Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
• Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
• Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
• Supports anti-flag desecration amendment. (Mar 2001)
• Rated 25% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)