Saturday, June 21, 2008

My aching back

I turned 35 this weekend.

Katy planned a small-ish party on saturday. We were excited to cook and create some yummies, but when I woke up that morning, I was in a bad way.

Somehow, I pulled a muscle deep inside my glut, very near my coccyx.

Yes, I had a severe pain in the lower back okay... ass.

Severe as in- where did we put that left over percocet from the c-section?

Apparently, softball on thursday and a leisurely round of golf on Friday was enough to cripple me for 2 days. Try that on when you are floating thru a birthday!

It's been an amazing year (all said and done). I had our baby 9 months before before the official onset of "advanced maternal age" and really (two days of limping and whimpering aside) I feel as young as ever.

Happy birthday to me.

No comments: