Thursday, August 31, 2006

The good ol' days

I visited my old haunts this morning - specifically the School of Nursing - to get acquainted with my new classroom. I'm going to be teaching a class this fall at Tracy and I's alma mater (do you still call it that when it's grad school?) and it was more than a little weird to walk the halls 4 years after graduation. It still smells the same, and it still gives me the identical barely perceptiple nausea associated with being enrolled in a school with people far smarter than you.

Moreover, I got relive the city driving that is New Haven. New Haven thinks it's New York. It's not, but the drivers still pretend that it is. It was kind of fun to pass all the old drinking holes, restaurants, etc that I never get to see anymore, all while attempting to get my car out of there without any scratches.

Ah, grad school. *sigh* those were the days....

No comments: