Saturday, February 03, 2007

The weather

It finally got cold 1.25 months into "winter," but still, no white stuff worth discussing.

For about a week in early January, I would wake up every morning, go into the bathroom, and naughtily scream, "IT'S SNOWING!!!" Due to my morning voice and the fact that it was my first intonation of the day, I was just barely able to achieve the goal of an acceptable impersonation a grade school refugee who has just relocated to CT from a landlocked, dusty village on the equator.

And every morning for 4 days, [what can i say, the woman is very trusting] kt would jump out of bed and reply, "IT IS?!?" I would answer quietly, "I don't know, could you check?"

I meant "snowing" as a state-of-mind... I wasn't exactly looking out the window before making the proclamation. And by the way, it was still dark... How was I to know (from my perch on the toilet) if there was any snow out there or not? This whole ritual was seemingly as fun for her as it was for me, until on day five, I shouted, "IT'S SNOWING!" and she sleepily replied, "(beeeeeeep)k you."

But last night it did snow... There's actual snow on the ground. There will have to be scraping of cars and probably some small efforts at shoveling... It's nothing to get excited about- unless you've perfected the vocal enthusiasm of an 8 year old Brazilian refugee.

No comments: