Tuesday, July 10, 2007

IIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiice Creeeeeeeeeeam!


3rd consecutive day of 90 plus degree heat and to be honest, I haven't been outside enough to notice...

so I can't really complain.

Tonight, katy and I came home from our first prenatal class and when we opened the doors to the car, we heard the ice cream man boy turning onto our street. Usually, we hear this guy coming from several streets away, but with our sealed up, air-conditioned lifestyle, tonight he snuck up on us.

I bolted- belly first- out of the car and shouted, "do you have any cash?" as I headed to the road, frantically waving my arms in the air like a woman trying to track down a rescue plane. If the wife had been unable to produce money, there would have been an appreciable expression of despair. The disappointment would have clouded all of your distant computer terminals.

Mister Ice Cream caught my pleading gesture out of the corner of his eye and hit the brakes before he had crossed our property line. I was almost laughing too hard to order, my immediate drive for a Cotton Candy Popsicle appeared pathetic and desperate even in real-time. It might have been the most authentic Pavlovian response I've ever had in my life... I heard the music and before i could process the reason, went RUNNING toward the street.

Sweet, sweet summer!

No comments: