Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksmission



I've got a sore throat, but I feel bad that I haven't posted about Thanksgiving...

I went with my fam to Cape May to Aunt Susan and Ray's B & B. We had an amazing time despite the fact that kt was not with us. Brother j decided to jet out of sub-freezing temperatures and rallied their fam home to a warm turkey meal in Ohio.

The Mission Inn that my Aunt and Uncle have created is beyond beautiful. I'm generally not a B & B person because:
a) I like going to hotels where things are kept new and clean-
b) I'm a sheet snob
c) I don't like wicker
d) I want a TV in my room that is not older than what we watch at home
(This is not asking too much if you've seen our family tv.)

Maybe I have been out of touch too long, and maybe (probably) I have been vacationing in too low an income bracket, but the B & B's I've seen do not offer these simple luxuries...

Not so at the Mission Inn. It is warm without being snobby or stuffy. It is rustic and peaceful and removed from the hussle of real-world pressures, without being removed from flat screen, plasma televisions and newly renovated shower and tubs that you can't wait to bath in!

But best of all was the yummy food and the company. The weather was unseasonably warm and we walked on the beach and into town. We played board games and poker. We watched movies. We went out and stayed in for libations and good cheer. First Thanksgiving with the Mac-attack and she soaked everything she came in touch with (drooling machine that she is.) She cut her first tooth by the end of the weekend- so all that drool was not for naught.

We all got a little run-down b/c it was hard to be four generations under one roof and not wake up early and stay up late. It was hard not to try to stay awake so that more time together could be enjoyed. Thanks S and R for your hospitality- it was a wonderful weekend.

PS- West Coast Webers: I will always get in a game of poker on Thanksgiving in honor of you- can't wait until our next adventure!

No comments: