Sunday, November 02, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

You know, one of the things I've noticed about little children is that they don't understand about weekends... I mean, I can handle the 5:30 am daily snuggle, but can't there be a Saturday or Sunday off for good behavior?!?

But I'll tell you what will really effe a family up, "fall back". Please, when you read that, intone the dripping sarcastic condescension, that I injected it with. So, "fall back" used to mean an extra hour of sleep. But apparently now it means, "you can go to bed if you want to, Mother-f$#er, but you aren't going to get much sleep."

The baby really doesn't understand about Daylight Savings Time.

As far as I can figure, this is what was going on in JB's mind this morning: Oh, it's 5 O'clock, but it's really FOUR O'CLOCK?!? That's awesome!!! I think... What are you two talking about?!? Can we get up now??? Great. Thank you. My diaper is wet, I'm starving, and it is so dark I feel like something that crawled out of a cave... it hasn't been this dark since before I was born, if you know what I mean... hahahah just kidding... Look, it is really dark in here - but I mean, I know I'm young, but aren't I supposed to be the one crying??? Are both of you mommies crying?!? Yes, I know, you always say this, 'It's saturday...' But I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that...

1 comment:

Mommy B said...

So, I've been following your blog for a while now and I just had to comment on this post....so funny. Nora got the same baby memo, apparently, and has been up and at 'em bright and early! That's why they make them so cute.

-Naomi