Monday, December 04, 2006

Pocket Change

You read about my recent shopping extravaganza at GAP.

Since then, I have felt so much more fashionable, but wonder why it has taken me so long to make this leap... To boy jeans.

First of all, why has this sensible sizing (waist/length) not ever been given over to women's clothes. I've been told: b/c women have different sized hips and butts and thighs. But um, yeah, so do men- We can still have different "cuts" and "styles" of pants and still start with a more logical system of sizing like "waist/length." These boy-jeans, they just fit me better- it's like wrapping up a tiny package in a large box: What's under these boy jeans? Whoa! A pretty girl.

Last boy-jean observation: So much more pocket space! I'm not kidding. The pockets on these things go halfway down my leg. What's that about?!? The other day, there was something on my chair hurting my thigh (very close to the back of my knee) and I realized it was my wallet (which sits high up on my ass, just under my belt in my girl jeans.) Is this really safe? I try to put very little in these pockets, b/c I'm just vain enough not to want to look "bumpy." But I am a SERIOUS pack rat. I could see over time all kinds of shit getting stashed. It would start innocently enough, gum, cell phone, lipgloss, lists, receipts. But then it would advance to maps, ipods, cameras, wrenches, lightbulbs, magazines, paperback novels, and anything I think I might "need later" in these pockets. A slippery slope, my friends... a slippery slope.

1 comment:

Katy said...

This post serves as an excellent reminder to your laundry-doer to double check the pockets extra carefully...