Thursday, September 27, 2007

38 week update: If you give a pregnant woman a headache...


Have you all seen this book? If not, run out to a book store and read through it. It's very cute, but now, every time I think of cause and effect predictions, I say to myself unconsciously: "If you give a pig a pancake..."

So, for the last 2-3 days, I've had a headache on and off. (In addition to the continuous, unrelenting heartburn.)

Never mind that:
It was 90 degrees yesterday, or that
Work has been a little stressful, or that
I used to have daily headaches r/t to work before this pregnancy made me feel so healthy, or that
I made the unfortunate choice to eat a big mac meal when coming home late from work on Monday (after I spent 90 minutes painstakingly cross-referencing 3 schedule spreadsheets to create an updated "clean" version, and then SAVED the old, crappy spreadsheet ONTO the clean one...) or that,
I've been thinking of katy's boss who just had his first birthday without his dead family and 2 days later he just lived through his wife's first birthday since she's been dead... or that,
I'm mad at the neighbor for setting her sprinkler so that it was spraying at our open windows into our living room AND the upstairs bedroom b/c
  1. I guess their grass isn't green enough,
  2. When setting a sprinkler, you water the neighbor's property automatically, assuming that everyone wants free irrigation,
  3. Apparently our lack of a lush, green lawn doesn't demonstrate that we don't prioritize water usage in this way,
  4. If you put a sprinkler directly in between two houses, and the water is blasting against your own house it doesn't matter to you that it probably shouldn't also be blasting against the house you DON'T own, and
  5. I guess, if you think it is not traspassing or rude to set a sprinkler on another person's property, it is too much to ask to look and see if windows might be open...
Truth be told, the reason that I am mad is not that she was irrigating our new furniture. I was home and there was no damage, because I went over to tell her that the water was coming into my house, and she apologized and changed the sprinkler set up. But then a few hours later she came back for the purpose of telling me that, "You really shouldn't leave our windows open during the day or at night," because there have been "some break-ins"... REALLY?!? HAVE THERE BEEN?!? BREAK-INS??? OF THE TORTUROUS AND MURDEROUS VARIETY??? HUH... Thanks for the information, that wasn't on our minds at ALL!!!!! Maybe that was neighborly, but frankly, it seemed bitchy.

Also, never mind that I'm 38 weeks pregnant... and that can lead to some discomforts...

In western medicine, if a pregnant woman has a headache, it means she is or is about to be pre-eclamptic and the baby is in jeopardy and in the words of my slightly panicked wife, "It's all fun and games until you slip into a coma." (Quotes added to my paraphrasing- because I can.)

Truth is the chain reaction is in me... Now I'm all worried that a headache means more than a headache and that I'm hypertensive and spilling protein and gonna be put on bedrest and I'm nowhere near ready to not be at work, and that makes me more stressed which probably increases my blood pressure and/or tendancy to have a headache and I know I'm supposed to be more worried about the baby now and not give a flying hoot about work, but that is asinine since I take a lot of pride in my work and finishing what I said I would finish before I leave for 4 months is very important to me... (HOW'S THAT FOR A RUN ON.)

Now I'm off to my prenatal appointment. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'd really love to see those pictures of the livingroom!