Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Petraeus, Petraeus, Petraeus

I just can't handle this guy's name in the news anymore...
I know it has something to do with where I get my news (mostly talk radio, News networks, NPR, and less often right now- Jon Stewart) but it is never-ending.

I've realized in the last 24 hours that when I hear the word, Patraeus, I either tune the rest of the sentence out (Think "Wah-wha-wah-wah-wah" from how the Peanuts Gang used to hear adults who spoke to them) or I reach out and change the radio/TV.

This debate over this war seems to be an exercise in futility where you can't believe the "experts" on either side. Where it's not really about "stopping terrorists" or "repairing Iraqi infastructure" or "spreading peace" as much as it is about being "right" and having your side's political agenda advanced... What exactly is the mission to accomplish?

No comments: