Monday, September 10, 2007

It tastes Like Burning

The heartburn has reached a barely tolerable level... I'm taking a Rx strength dose of an over the counter H2 blocker every 8-12 hours and I'm taking tums every 3-6 hours. No matter what I put in my mouth... it doesn't matter- a little water, a little milk, a banana, a few pieces of honeydew melon, 3 edamame peas, a taco- it really doesn't matter, it may as well be turpentine.

I woke up every 3 hours last night with an exceedingly full bladder. On my way to work I calculated that particular sleep schedule meant that I had really gotten more than 9 hours of shut-eye, which ought to have been sufficient.

So now, the nasal congestion becomes a concern and I think I'm coming down with some kind of cold.

I'm just exhausted and overwhelmed and I want to be "nesting," but I'm too tired and too unproductive.

Work is overwhelming also. It took me until about noon to feel like I had woken up, and I really needed to put in a full 8-10 hour day. It did not happen. Instead, I put in a 1/2 assed 7.5 hour day.

The stuff gifts from the shower is are still everywhere, even though we tried to make some sense of the piles all day yesterday. Now there are TONS of tiny clothes to be washed. Plus our regular clothes. Every room of the house has full or empty boxes in it; wrapping and packing refuse; and/or things to be "organized" or cleaned. I don't know how people do this alone. I don't know how people do this without wives!!! I guess I should use "I" statements:

I cannot imagine doing this without Katy. She's the one... she's the thing... despite her insane work responsibilities and her nervousness/excitement/anxieties about what the next few weeks will be, she is right there telling me to put my feet up and ready to take care of everything.

(Deep breath.)
(Heart burn induced burp.)
(Loving sigh.)

No comments: