Wednesday, June 28, 2006

So you think you can (kill me off while forcing me to watch this show) DANCE?

I'm not going to lie, the kids are talented, but how much worse are the reality shows going to get?!? My wife is one of the smartest, most well-read woman i have ever known. 60-80% of her pleasure reading is over my head... And I'm a SMART chick. I won't go into the fact that she's reading 2 books in Spanish right now!!! (I guess reading novels in English is no longer challenging enough.) When she is in charge of the remote, however, we enter the twilight zone of mindless, athletic voyerism. If it's not basketball, baseball, football, or tennis- it's hockey, figure-skating, softball, or billiards (and beyond.) All i know is that most of our TV watching involves either a stadium full of fans, or a wildly applauding studio audience. Now we've moved on to a new phase: "competitive" dance. Thing is, I am weak in spirit- 10 minutes of this and I hear myself say, "Baby, Don't fastforward through Nigel's critique."
(WHAT?!?! Why do i care???)
I gotta go, Musa and Natalie are doing a waltz...

No comments: