Tuesday, August 21, 2007

7 month OB appointment

I missed the 7 month update:

All is well.

Baby's heart rate 157 bpm
Lots of fetal movements
my BP 120/78
measuring 28 cm at 28 weeks
Total pregnancy weight gain: 6lbs

Yes, that's right. 6lbs!

Dr. KSBL: "Is there a reason that you lost a pound since your last visit?"

t: (Not spoken out loud) At my last visit, I FELT really FOS and had to take a crap bad, but it wasn't until later in the day that I evacuated my bowels... I think it is not so much that I lost a pound this time, but that I had an extra pound of digested food onboard at the last visit.

t: (Actually spoken) Well, I'm eating. I don't feel sick. I'm trying to stay active. I think my metabolism is just working with me.

Dr KSBL: Okay, we just like to make sure that you are not not eating or not feeling sick.

t: No- Lots of heartburn, but that's not stopping me from eating...

Dr KSBL: no nausea, vomiting, diarrhea?

t: no

Dr KSBL: okay. Questions???

We then had quick conversations about my ankle strain, loose ligaments, laboring at home with the help of friends who are midwives who would get me to the hospital in time for the delivery, but not so early that i would be pressured toward induction or intervention. I was impressed by Dr KSBL who's response was a non-hesitant, "the longer you stay out of the hospital, the better for you." Yes, that's what I was thinking too.

No comments: