Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8 month OB appointment

Met with Dr Magically-Delicious on Monday AM. Thursday I will be 34 weeks pregnant, so i guess that was my 33.5 week check up.

I measured 34 cm. (perfection.)
My BP was a little up but still WNL: 128/82
Baby's HR = 154 at rest.

Then the friendly leprechaun said, "Let's see if we can get him to move."
The words barely out into the universe and the bean tumbled all over himself.

(My abdomen moves like a set in an Alien film)
Dr. M-D: whoa... there he is... I am trying to make sure his HR goes up when he exerts himself.
(My abdomen jumps in 4 places simultaneously and as fetal HR increases 20 beats per minute)
Dr. M-D: okay, I guess he likes to show off... good.

I had no questions, I was sweating too much and anxious about getting to work this late. But then I did want to mention that I am having a little trouble breathing-
t: I'm sure it's the heat and the baby getting bigger but... its a brand new discomfort for me...

Dr M-D did a requisite respiratory and cardiac assessment and reminded me that shortness of breath can cause panicky feelings which sometimes exacerbate breathlessness...

"Um, like, yeah... I blogged about that last night," I thought smugly to myself.

One more appointment in 2 weeks, and then we are on to weekly (or more frequent) visits- YIKES!

No comments: