Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New living room

(PHOTOS TO FOLLOW)

Conversation 2 months ago:
t: I think we need to do it. I think we need to bite the bullet and just do it.
k: We've been talking about it forever.
t: Truth be told, every time I see the rug, I get nauseous. I mean, the rug is nasty.
k: We can't bring a child into this living room
t: And we can't invite peeps or babysitters over to watch a 25 year old tv
k: And you're not even exaggerating about that- really, the tv IS 25 YEARS OLD...
t: And if we don't do it now...
k: yeah, I'm mean if we don't do it now...
t & k: When will we really get the chance to do it...

So, we re-did our living room.
New couches, rug, TV, digital receiver... New arrangement of furniture, new focus and direction for entertaining and family raising. It looks sleek and CLEAN, slimmed down, and simpler. It looks hipper, hopper, and more zen. It makes me the opposite of nauseous. We spent the extra bucks to have the "stain-cleaning" service that offers "life-long" protection from any fabric damage that is not caused by a "claw, paw, or beak." We have no claws, paws, or beaks and are only expecting a child who has "blood, sweat, vomit, tears, urine, and excrement" all of which (remarkably) are covered in the "stain-cleaning" service.

We've decided we will do some rewiring and hanging of the flat screen so that the room is pleasant both for TV-focused entertaining and for non-tv centered events. It is nice to have that new-aged flexibility. We've also decided to make the leap and not buy a replacement Steve-o but just rent the DVR from the cable company.

Our new living room is very satisfying.

1 comment:

dl004d said...

I'll have to ponder the idea of an "opposite of nauseous."

It has never occurred to me, at moments of joy, that I sooooooo don't feel like throwing up. Or maybe the opposite means that food will be flying into your mouth, making a pleasant sound.