Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Constipated

JB has been constipated.

Because (apparently) he takes after me, "constipated" translates to "only going 1 tiny marble-turd every day or so." Unfortunately for him, he can't drink coffee or enjoy a meal of take out Chinese before "perusing" a book-store.

Today at various times, he pushed and pushed to the point of watering, red eyes, and turning purple-ish in the face. It is very cute but a little sad to hear him grunting, and then that one time- a brief onset of tears. I read this on dooce about men in their public domain, and now I giggle every time he makes too much noise. On the one hand, it's not fair: the rest of us get a private space to do our business and not with a team of guardians and grandparents watching, giggling, and clapping in the living room. On the other hand, I'm in the opposite situation of the gent that guest-posted for dooce: when my kid is just behaving (apparently) like the rest of his gender I'm going to be all like, "uuuuuggghhhhha, you are being disgusting, please keep it down..."

Poor little dude. I hope he feels a little better soon.

No comments: