Thursday, May 08, 2008

Birthday shout out

Some things don't get said...
hardly ever...
certainly not enough...

Today is my MIL's birthday.

The day started early 5am-ish... feeding and washing and clothing the baby.
Then we sang happy b-day over the imac and made the jake-ster giggle for his "Granny" via web-cam connection...
Then we all went about our busy days.
and now it is bedtime...
a clear, mild, pre-summer night...

And my thoughts turn to mysteries.
And how things fall together.
And thanksgiving.
And a mom who sent a daughter eastward-
toward futures unknown...
And how one day that girl's path crossed mine...
And I was intrigued,
And then smitten,
And then swept away.
And how I couldn't imagine another way,
another love,
another life.

And I hope when I say
"Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day."
There's somehow a hint of all of that other stuff...
The gratitude and love and that which never really gets said...
So...
anyway...
sheepishly...

June,
Thank you for the gifts I can never repay...
and I really do hope you had a wonderful day.

Happy bday,
T

No comments: