Thursday, January 15, 2009

Healthy living

I'm up way too late.

The house ain't clean, straightened, or ready for what the next 8 days is about to bring upon us.

I spent about an hour talking to my ICU comrade/best bud/roommate. She got some crazy-assed news at the cardiologist today. Life is strange. When did we get old enough to face all this "reality" K's mom in Chemo, L's FIL gravely ill, Adam learning how to scratch his nose again...

I am seriously in love with Facebook b/c even though it is ridiculous and a total time suck, if it didn't' exist there are about 25 people who I would have had zero contact with in the last 30 days that I have had important, meaningful exchanges with and/or have been privy to significant details in their lives that they likely would have not called or emailed to update me on.

Modern day conundrum: I don't want to be the type of mom and wife who is a slave to the computer and social technology, but I don't also want to be the type of friend that is totally out of the loop when major shit is slapping into the fan.

There was a story on the news tonight about a 14 year old girl who sent 14,000 text messages in a month. She's a self-reported "texting addict. " I saw this story from the treadmill where i spent over an hour tonight. Occasionally I watch "the biggest loser" while eating ice cream. But this week I drank water and wondered if I could handle a bunch of sprints like they do.

I've put 8 miles on our treadmill so far this week; which is more than any other week since we've owned the monster. The worst part about exercising for me is the time spent away from my lady and my baby. Lame as it might sound to a more "driven" individual, I'd rather be on the couch next to her than just about anywhere else in the world. I always walk away (or limp away) feeling better about myself and I am always a much more productive member of the family after a little (or a long) workout. But in this crazy-busy life wrought with hardship and illness and problems, it does seem like a self-indulgent use of time.

Did i tell you we're going to the inauguration?
Well there will definitely be more on that later...

No comments: