Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week five

So, kt is 5 weeks pregnant.

The new bean is the size of a sesame seed.

She is feeling pretty good. Starting to get tired. Queasy to nauseous, intermittent to constant. Tender boobs... She reports that her worst symptom so far is feeling slower GI motility (constipation).

Her body is warm and her steps are light.

I'm aglow watching her and excited for what lies ahead.

Today, we told our minister that we would like to get married but not sure exactly when b/c katy is preggers. She got all teary-eyed about it. It was very sweet.

We've told our families and each of us has told two people at work. I was asked, "How is it to be on the other side?"

It's really cool. I mean, I'm excited and eager, but I'm a little off the hook, mentally. I don't think about it all the time. I could go hours and not even consider and then I'll think, "Oh, katy's pregnant!!!" Also, I'm a little proud. For no real reason, I have that baby-daddy swagger. It's like, "hmm... look what I did... Yeah, I did that." Bizarre and kind of fun.

I love this woman. I can't wait to watch the blooming of this flower. I'm glad I have a front row seat and backstage passes!

1 comment:

Mommy B said...

Congratulations you three!