Monday, June 04, 2007

5 month OB appointment

Last Wednesday was our 5 month OB check up. It was a little anti-climactic as it immediately following the ultrasound. It was also one of the quickest MD appointments on record. I arrived at 11:40 for an 11:45 appointment:

Check in and sit down to wait in an unusually empty waiting room (30 seconds)
Taken into the exam room, BP and wt checked (120 seconds)
Go to bathroom to leave a urine sample (150 seconds)
Wait for the Doc (not more than 3 minutes)
Complete exam (not more than 4 minutes)
Q and A period (120 seconds)
Schedule 2 future appointments (120 seconds)
I left the office by 11:56

We met one of the other doctors on the delivery rotation. (We are trying to meet all the providers that might deliver me) but to be honest, if we didn't care about meeting all those other clinicians, it is really difficult to get an appointment with Dr KSBL, who is my "primary." Now I see why her panel is closed. I'm glad I got in with Dr. KSBL, but I have to wonder why they opened her panel for pregnant ladies- when it is closed for regular GYN patients- if she never has any appointment openings. Anyway, I digress...

The doc we saw was a cute, friendly leprechaun of a man. We'll call him... Dr. Magically-Delicious. Whenever Dr. M-D spoke, I heard an Irish brogue, even though he had no accent. He all but had to reach up to the exam table to listen to the now-deafening sound of our baby's heartbeat.

He asked if we knew what we were having and nodded in excitement when we told him a boy. (The office had not gotten the results of the u/s that was only done a few hrs before.) Dr M-D was so cute I nearly patted him on the head on my way out of the office.

Vital statistics...
BP: 126/80
Urine: clean (no protein, no sugar)
Weight: up 1/2 lb from last visit
Fundal height: 21 cm (right where he said it should measure at the 21st week)
Fetal Heartbeat: Strong 160 bpm

No comments: