Friday, June 08, 2007

Mid-nite update

I feel bloated, have indigestion, a bout of insomnia, and a baby rolling around inside of me - who every once in a while gives a good, yet unexpected and unpredictable whack - thumping me from the inside.

Lately, I have felt GREAT. Full of calm, comfortable, energetic, well rested, excited, balanced, grateful for the not-too-hot, sunny days... Riding high on life.

For the last 2 hours, I have been up and down to the bathroom, tossing and turning in the bed, burping, popping tums, and generally feeling restless, tired, and grumpy.

A friend of my sisters passed away earlier this week after a horrible infection randomly attacked her heart and organs. She was 31.

So that is on my mind- just the sadness of it; and because... the instability and frailty of existence that is illuminated when a life like hers ends, can at times be overwhelming. Even though, intellectually, you know a story like hers is supposed to strengthen your resolve, add to your heart, and help you count your blessings... (Sometimes my "pansy-assed" gut, can't keep up with the grand notions of of my mind.)

Tomorrow is the last day of what has been a very intense work week, and I can't wait for it to be over. I have a massage scheduled for 6:45 to kick the weekend off right, and that seems like the best thing I've coordinated for my body, baby, and psyche in a good, long while. Early on saturday, katy and I are on Breakfast/grill duty at Relay for Life and then we are meeting wtih a documentary film-maker to (?) be taped about our (?) homosexual marriage- something that can hopefully be used later as part of the CT marriage equality movement.

With any luck, I'll find time to hit some golf balls this weekend too.
Now, that i've vented, let's try this sleep thing again...
;)

No comments: