Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The state of the union

I'm up way past my bedtime, but I think it needs to be said:

I just can't fucking believe the excitement that I feel about B.Obama running for president. This is momentous. This changes everything. The visual image of the Obamas on this stage in this context is the very definition of progress to me. Whether people like it or not, there has never been a visual image for non-white people that "you can go where ever you want to go..." these conventions are usually so ideologically and physically segregated. This guy can change all of that. I would never base my vote on a person's race, but it is very exciting that the 44th president of the United States might very well be a different color than the other 43 heads of state.
Please God, let it be so...

Oh, and Joe Biden's mother is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

(Check out the footage of Ma Biden from about the 2:40 mark to about the 6 minute mark...)

No comments: