Wednesday, May 02, 2007

3 am Blog maintenance

It's the middle of the night and I'm wide awake making a few lists...
I was just chillin' out in the bed, in the dark, meditating, relaxing, willing myself back to sleep, and then I thought of the blog. Now I'm up and cleaning this aspect of my life... There are a lot of posts that I started that never really published...
From January:
There's the one about going blonde again
There's the one about Anne's visit, and
There's the one about Anne's new nickname- "the womb whisperer"
There's the one about L and F's cocktail party/ indian baby shower
There's the one about how the quality of my life signifcantly improved when everything changed at work
There's the one about the quality of my life significantly improved when after considering many drastic changes, a decision was made to change nothing at home
There's the one about the weather
(There's always one about the weather...)

In February and March:
There were all the unwritten the posts about the fatigue, the uncertainty, the fear, and the nausea
The one about the sadness I felt when Tonja's mom died
The one about our favorite Christmas Gift. (How Katy and I have been obsessed for several years now with the story and music of the broadway sensation: Wicked. And how Teri and Bill planned a St. Patrick's day weekend in NYC to see it. ) The unfinished post would have spoken of how the show was all we had hoped for and more and it would have given a little more detail about all the obstacles we had to overcome in order to get there:
  • 10 inches of snow, ice, and sleet falling overnight
  • Our most accessible car having a dead battery in the AM
  • neighbor's snow blower breaking when he tried to help
  • 4 wheel driving out, around the incapcitaed car, making a mess of the driveway to catch the train
  • staying and dining with Ric and Kim
  • arriving home at noon
  • shovelling to get to the car and back INTO the driveway
  • removing and replacing car battery
  • feeling totally exhausted after a fun and low-key weekend away

Update: Just in naming them, I now consider all these posts "written."
There, that was easy...

Stay tuned for another post that will (hopefully) be written soon:
The one where my sister is pregnant too!

No comments: