Friday, May 18, 2007

fruits and veggies

We thought the comparison of our fetus to fruits and vegetables was over at about 10 weeks but no, not at all. Our baby has progressed from fig to lime to jumbo shrimp (what?) to lemon (for the shrimp?) to avocado (we do love avocados) to large onion (not one of those puny white onions either) to large sweet potato (mmmm, sweet potato fries...) to, this week, a small zuchinni. 19 weeks. Almost half way there. Woah.

Tracy is starting to show and she is looking splendid. Pregnancy does in fact suit her.

At any rate we three are headed to Spain, specifically Barcelona, this afternoon with my family for a vacation/destination celebration of my mom and Anna's 20th anniversary. It will be Tracy's and the Bean's first trip to Europe. Despite my severe traveler's anxiety, we are very excited and can't wait to search the city for churros con chocolate, ceramics, wine, olives, and pictures of amazing buildings. Speaking of which, my brother is bringing a fish-eye lens. Sweeeet.

More from Spain in a few days!

1 comment:

Adam Hirsch said...

Safe travels! I never liked olives until I went to Spain, and I remember them and garlic and sangria and teeny cars very fondly, indeed. I bet you'll have a blast. :)