Thursday, May 10, 2007

That time of year

It's that time of year again. The time when you walk outside and the air smells fantastic. When the garden turns green and the dogwood turns pink (as previously noted in this post). It's also the time of year for some other things:

Tai Chi neighbor comes back outside. (Tai Chi Neighbor is a man who lives behind us who does tai chi, or his version of it, each day. Sometimes twice a day. It's how we know it's spring. And when we don't see him we know it's winter)

When I get dressed or undressed there's a distinct possibility that I will get my hand nearly chopped off by the ceiling fan (if you've ever been in our house you know how low the freakin' ceilings are).

There is the incessant sound of helicopters overhead. As my friend Eric, who happens to live a stone's throw from the heli-pad at a local hospital, says, "When it gets warm people just go outside and get stupid".

Our house is magically relocated to the seaside. When the windows are open you can hear the highway. We call it the ocean. We love the ocean.

2 comments:

Grand Marnier said...

It always makes me excited when the weather gets warm because I can plant flowers for the pots on our tiny balcony. In so much concrete of city living, I can nurture a few green, blooming plants for a few months.

ed002d said...

People have been pretty stupid lately, too -- seems like the only sounds I'm hearing are the helicopters and the damn ice cream man.