Thursday, May 24, 2007

Milestones

Today, I got into the Mediterranean Sea. Well, not all the way in, but definately got my feet in. The crab in me needs salt water the way some people need a triple bipass. Seven days into the vacation and it was almost time to pack it in. (Traveling is not as easy as it looks when others do it...) But this am, I called to check in with my mom and then I spent some time with my sweetie at the sea shore... Hearing my mama´s voice (I´m not going to lie) still sets me at ease. And K-2-the-T with me on the beach, in the sun, with the waves... Now I feel like I could be just getting started with this European thing... why not stay longer!?!

Also, today marks the halfway point in the gestational cycle of el/la beañ. 20 weeks down, 20 to go for theoretical, full, proper development. I have not heard a word from this little bean yet. There were at least 2 times when I thought I felt movement ("quickening") but it might have also been peristalsis. Until i can feel something that makes me say, "THAT WASN´T GAS..." I´m going to assume that this kid is not ready to make his-her presence known.

I´m definately starting to show a little- a bump that cannot be denied or sucked in anylonger.
It is kind of cute.

No comments: