Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Long days, tired nights

March madness is underway.

Normally this time of year I received a handwritten note from my wife with a listing of times and dates that she will "be unavailable" due to basketball viewing.

This year, there's a lot of bball on my TV, but no list- we're just not back to that level of organization.

JB is recovering well. He's on day 8 of amox. Kt's got him trained like a pet seal... We hold the syringe of pink syrup in front of him and wait for him to bring it to his own mouth. It takes us about 4 to 5 mini-squirts, but he swallows it all without a fuss, mess, or any drama. It is amazing really. He is back to drinking his full amount to breast milk, though he still is rejecting our attempts to re-introduce cereal and smooshed up veggies.

He has been waking up either at 2 or 3 and then again at 5 or 6. He has been so tired from work camp day care that he starts to do his "tired" fussing at 7 and not 8pm. We are going to bed around 10 or 11 (a good 3 hours after him), and so our asses are dragging. But even though I am sleep deprived, I am truly happy. This kid, our life... it's everything I hoped for and more. He giggles. He likes to play. He's all ready developing a sense of humor. He reflects the sweetness in kt's smiles and gives me a mischievous laugh when i come at him to "nibble" roughly on his neck or belly.

As I write this, I am thoroughly exhausted, but I just wanted to take a few minutes to document the paradox: tired, achy, sore, not exercising enough, eating too much, stressed by work, only sleeping 3-5 hrs at a time= happy=blessed

No comments: