Thursday, October 18, 2007

A new day

I guess JB read yesterday's post, b/c he woke to eat at very reasonable time intervals last night: 9p, 12a, 3a, 6a... Just like a little, "first born" alarm clock.

Today, the cavalry arrived.

My sister and mom showed up in the AM to visit and provide food and change babies en mass.
Mac- 19 months old and around 24- ish pounds (i'm completely guessing at her weight), is too big for a one-week post c-section mom to lift. So, Nana to the rescue! (My mom was not heartbroken to use up some of her 141 accumulated sick days to help out this week.)

We got to chill together. Swap babies every few minutes. Take Mac for a few short walks. And after eating some take out, I was ordered upstairs for a nap. I did not resist and slept soundly from 1 to 3pm. When I woke up, I felt rejuvenated.

My sister is a machine. Still some guarding/tenderness about the abdomen, you only notice the wincing if you look closely when she rises from a sitting position. She handled 2 infants with ease: diaper changes, bottle feedings, gentle stroking, etc. She even had time to set up a little photo shoot of the cousins snoozing together.

Thanks, team baby! ily!

No comments: