Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away


Our beloved Red Sox are fighting the good fight in the first game of the 2007 World Series, but it is pouring in Bean Town. Here's hoping that they don't call the game until it is official- which happens after 5 complete innings.

Right now, it's the bottom of the 4th. Red Sox 4, Rockies 1. Beckett is pitching an awesome game so far; and the offense is getting it done.

As a long time Bosox fan, I am used to regularly scheduled heartache. But last time they won the World Series was the year that Web and I both got married, and it would be a really nice welcome gift to celebrate the birth of our two new babies...

"2007, JB- the fall you were born was the last time they won it all." I can imagine my spittle-filled, dentured mouth yammering to my adult son. Plus, doesn't this guy have any pull in heaven?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi--Friday night: Ivette and I worked until after 7:00 getting the JCAHO report done --she is such a treat and it was almost fun! But now I am home and finally have time to read and enjoy your blog--it was great to see you last Friday--you are sorely (sp?) missed --esp. your delight, laughter and sense of the silly. I love hearing about JB and hope to get by soon for a visit. Cheers and smiles,
katrina