Friday, February 22, 2008

Breakfast Bacon for dinner

Tonight, katy and I had yummy bacon for dinner. It was wrapped in eggs and such, and served with toast, but you and I know what that was all about...

Now I know what you are all thinking:

Crowd of well-intentioned blog readers forming the intrusive circle of intervention: T, what are you doing??? You just wrote us telling us of this intestinal thing you just recovered from?!? Really??? Bacon? That's how you want to play it???

Me: SHUT THE F%$K UP, PEOPLE!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!!! I MEAN IT, GET OUTTA MY FACE!!!

When i was a kid, just about the greatest thing my mom did was announce "Breakfast for dinner." It was like we won the flippin' lottery. Will there be carbs? Absolutely. Pancakes or french toast? Whichever you want. Cheesy eggs? Why yes. How 'bout potatoes? Very likely. Bacon? you bet'cha. Mom never got more praise for a $6 meal.

And all these years later, nothing has changed. Katy and I are just looking for a reason to cook up some bacon on a Friday night.

No comments: